Blackberry & Banana Ice Cream
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 Large Banana
- 2 Tablespoons of Blackberry Syrup (Try other flavours too!)
- Use a ripe, soft banana
- Peel and slice the banana
- Place the banana in an airtight container or freezer bag
- Freeze the banana pieces for at least 2 hours
- Blend the frozen banana pieces with a Food Processor until smooth and creamy
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Blackberry Syrup and blend again, to mix and aerate the ice cream
- Transfer into an airtight container and freeze until solid
- Serve with Blackberry Syrup drizzled over the top
Fed up with Blackberry Tarts and Apple Crumbles? Stuck for new recipes for any fruit you have collected this month? I used Elderberries and Elderflower Syrup; you can experiment with different Fruit and Syrup combinations to discover your favourite! Try this dairy free cake recipe:
- 55g (2 oz) Sunflower spread
- 110g (4 oz) Sugar
- 170g (6 oz) Fruit Puree (i.e. Apple, Blackberry, Raspberry)
- 1 tablespoon Tast Natur Botanical Syrup
- 150g (5 oz) Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon or
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground mixed spice
In a large mixing bowl, cream the sunflower spread with the sugar. Puree the fruit in a blender and combine it and the syrup to the mix.
Sift the flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, and spices if using these, together into the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
Pour the mixture into a Brownie Tin (23cm/9in square baking tin) or Muffin Cases and bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for about 20 minutes.
100ml RHUBARB SYRUP
SHAKE VODKA AND RHUBARB SYRUP WITH ICE UNTIL CHILLED.
WHISK ADVOCAAT AND LEMONADE IN A JUG WITH ICE TO LIGHTEN.
STRAIN VODKA AND RHUBARB MIXTURE IN TO FOUR CHILLED GLASSES.
POUR 25ML OF ADVOCAAT AND LEMONADE MIXTURE OVER AN UPSIDE DOWN SPOON INTO EACH GLASS, SO IT SITS ON TOP OF THE VODKA AND RHUBARB MIXTURE.